View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 02:40 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane85 View Post
Would love to hear how your plant based diet is working. Thanks

Thanks for the response Jane. I was overwhelmed by the interest shown in my diet!

Well I am on day 22 of a Plant Based Diet. I want to begin with a quote from the study I reproduced in the opening message of this thread:-

There are two types of diabetic neuropathy: [1] a relatively painless type characterized by numbness, tingling and pins-and-needles sensations and a second form,[2] which is painful with burning or aching sensations to the point of excruciating, lancinating or stabbing pain.

When I started out I was experiencing the second type of neuropathy, now and for over a week, maybe 10 days I get no shooting pains and my symptoms have moved to the first type of neuropathy. Please note I am not diabetic.

All of these improvements might have happened anyway without dietary changes. However I believe a dietary approach to self healing is cost effective and eliminates the need of expensive supplements. What does it matter if arginine improves oxygen transportation in the blood? Are you really going to pay out for that for the rest of your life when nitrate rich foods like green leafy vegetables or beetroot juice will do the same at a fraction of the cost and with all the other health benefits too? Food is the best medicine. Above all making myself the subject of an experiment has given me focus and purpose and has established a clear goal in my mind. That in itself feels good. The next step is the elimination of all symptoms.

Yes I agree Inflammation is the enemy and improved blood and blood flow is our friend. Does anyone have any thoughts on any of the issues I have raised?I have plenty more to say if anyone shows any interest.
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote