View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I like my therapist.Today he made me dwell on all the positive experiences in my life. he is very easy to talk to. He loves tiramisu too. He told me about a book the Tormented Master about Rabbi Nachman whose sayings I really enjoy. He said that some think he was bipolar. I read that he would swallow his food rather than eat it so he wouldn't enjoy it. He told his followers to be joyful and on Youtube you can watch his followers dance and sing. I bought the kindle edition.some quotes by rabbi nachman

“While praying, listen to the words very carefully. When your heart is attentive, your entire being enters your prayer without your having to force it.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Inspirational #Prayer #Heart

“If you won't be better tomorrow than you were today, then what do you need tomorrow for?”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Life And Love #Today #Needs

“Always help those who are being persecuted.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Helping

“Worldly riches are like nuts; many a tooth is broke in cracking them, but never is the stomach filled with eating them.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Nuts #Riches #Teeth

“Grant me the ability to be alone, May it be my custom to go outdoors each day among the trees and grasses among all growing things and there may I be alone, and enter into prayer to talk with the one that I belong to.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Prayer #Garden #Tree

“It is a great mitzvah to be happy always.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Happiness #Mitzvah

“Even if you can't sing well, sing. Sing to yourself. Sing in the privacy of your home. But sing.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Home #Musical #Privacy

“Always wear a smile. The gift of life will then be yours to give.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Giving #Gifts Of Life

“The Exodus from Egypt occurs in every human being, in every era, in every year, and in every day.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Years #Egypt #Eras

“There is Truth, the truth of the Truth and there is Peace. The Truth is 'the boy stole an apple', the truth of the Truth is 'the boy was hungry' and Peace is 'nobody stole anything, now, give the boy an apple!'”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Truth #Boys #Apples

“Disparage no book, for it is also a part of the world.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Book #World

“If you never want to see the face of hell, when you come home from work every night, dance with your kitchen towel and, if you're worried about waking up your family, take off your shoes.”
-- Nachman of Breslov

#Dance #Home #Night
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-28-2020), Dmom3005 (05-29-2020), GeeLuv (05-30-2020), Waking Light (05-28-2020)