View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 04:50 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Complete reversal of symptoms. No issues with walking or anything. Been walking for hours every day to exercise.

Atty in response to your questions.

Firsly. I must point out that in response to this:

'You have a history of symptoms related to alcohol.'

I have not strictly had a diagnosis from a medical professional, although it has appeared obvious to me that alcohol causes my symptoms to worsen. I just wanted to make that clear first of all. The doctor's struggled to come to any form of diagnosis, I was told it could be Mortons Neuroma, it could just be my nerves are over sensitive and thats just how they are etc.. But no doctor or medical professional has diagnosed me with PN as a result of alcohol.

In reponse to your questions:

1. Amitriptyline is used for nerve pain and various other chronic conditions such as arthritis. My understanding is it relaxes the muscles. It has also be used for the treatment of anxiety and depression. As I have been a rather anxious person for some time, my doctor believes it may have helped reduce some of the anxiety which in turn can also help the muscles relax.

2. No. Alcohol is not worth it, even in moderation. Since the lockdown and closure of all pubs and bars I have not consumed alcohol at all and surprise surprise my symptoms have completely gone. It seems obvious to me that alcohol was the cause or just didn't help my condition. But like I said, I never had a proper diagnosis and it is very hard to get one.

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention. I have lost 20 pounds in weight since the start of lockdown. From 236 pounds down to just above 216 pounds. Possibly this helped too

Higher temperatures since the end of April / start of May could also have helped so I will continue to monitor the situation especially when we enter the winter months.

Last edited by UKGuy35; 05-29-2020 at 05:23 PM.
UKGuy35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (06-01-2020)