Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi BecE,
Welcome to the forum! I've had epilepsy for 35 yrs. and I've taken all of the meds (AED's) that you have taken. I started having seizures (sz.) when I was 10 yrs. old (absence, complex partial, simple partial,) later I had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my sz.
I found that tegretol worked well for me until I broke out with a rash after yrs. of taking the drug. Lamictal caused a rash for me after being on it for only 4 days and I immediately had to go off the drug.
Take my word sz. meds (AED's) can make a person very tired until their body gets used to it. Tegretol made me very irritable also. Just be sure to stay away from grapefruit and grupefruit juice while taking tegretol because the enzymes in the fruit can mess up the tegretol.
If the cramping in your neck continues and you notice the pain going down your arm you might want to see your family Dr. I ended up getting frozen shoulder a few yrs. ago from the mysoline I take. You might want to check out these websites to get more info.
www.epilepsy.com
http://www.neuropat.dote.hu/neurology.htm
Click on epilepsy when the main page comes up.
Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote