View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 01:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

echbehav, I'm not very knowledgeable about dentistry but have had a lot of dental work done over the years. I've never had an apicoecotomy that I know of but understand it's a minor surgical procedure.

I've had a few root canals, and most were tolerable except for one where I'd had a neglected abscessed tooth that I'd waited too long to seek treatment for. Those root canal treatments were quite painful.

So I think root canal treatments can vary considerably in terms of how much suffering they cause. But you knew that, I'm sure.

The dentist filled 5 teeth at once? I had a dentist once who did that, and he gave me several shots of anesthetic all at once. I very nearly passed out.

I didn't go back to him, and I noticed that he'd moved out of state. I had my doubts about whether he was a very good dentist because I've never known another dentist who filled 5 teeth at one time. They've always set me up for one appointment and then another, taking care of one filling at a time until they were all done.

On the basis of this, I'm wondering if you should think about a different dentist. Are these 2 endodontists you've seen doctors recommended by the dentist who filled 5 teeth at one time?

This may sound too drastic but a new dentist, possibly with a referral to a different endodontist too, seems like a good idea at this point. There may be something going on that has escaped the attention of the dentist and endodontists who have been working on your case.

You sound as if you've had a lot of pain ever since March. I hope you can find some good answers soon.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote