View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 03:41 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I'm not a doctor, and I don't know your situation or symptoms, but given that you have had repeat "concussions" from head bumps that are significant but would likely not give others a concussion, it might be worth seeing a migraine doctor to see if you are experiencing migraine attacks triggered by head trauma. This is a common thing that is frequently misdiagnosed by run-of-the-mill neurologists (happened to me). By the way, you don't need to have a traditional headache to have migraine, you can have a whole host of other symptoms (including dizziness), and the symptoms can last far beyond the acute phrase of the attack.

Others on here will probably tell you that you can also get neurological symptoms from a panic attack, which is true, and you might be experiencing one after your most recent incident. Its possible for you to have both a migraine attack and a panic attack at the same time. Its going to be impossible for those of us online to really know what the trigger for your current symptoms is.

BUT, when your adrenaline inevitably subsides, if you are still having your typical symptoms and your doctor says, "You can't get a concussion from going over a speed bump," (which is true, by the way). It's worth it to explore migraine treatment.

Best of luck!
BW
BurritoWarrier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote