View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 12:42 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Any Anti-MAG folk still there?

Hello,
I’ve just joined this forum because I’m looking for other people around the world who have been diagnosed with Anti-MAG Neuropathy.
I don’t know anyone else with this condition where I live in Australia, though I’m sure they exist, even if it is a rare disorder.
If you’d like to share your story with me, particularly about what has helped you improve and/or live with the symptoms of Anti-MAG, I would love to hear from you.
I was diagnosed 18 months ago, but have probably had it for over 10 years , firstly in a mild form, and originally diagnosed as neuropathy from a possible pinched spinal nerve. My symptoms accelerated about 3 years ago and I sought a re-diagnosis nearly 2 years ago. Since the diagnosis of Anti-MAG Neuropathy (my titre = >70,000) with IgM monoclonal gammopathy , I have been treated with Rituximab every 3 weeks x8, but it had no apparent effect. Three months after that I was started on IVIg Privigen 50g every 4 weeks. I have been on IVIg now for 9 months. After the first 2 treatments of IVIg, I noticed a significant improvement in symptoms and was able to start walking without the aid of a stick. Since then, my neuropathic symptoms have plateaued. They are no better, but also no worse. Fatigue and temperature control are still a huge problem though.
So.....are any of you who used to chat on this thread still out there? Or anyone else new to this forum?
Skwiss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote