View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 09:19 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

790 days since my last drink. Ive been mostly trending up since I put the drink down. Diet and exercise was my focus. Down 55 lbs, built up some muscle. Generally the pain has been manageable. My feet hurt, and I am probably working with 70 % of my ability when it comes to moving around and balance but there is a good quality of life to be had if you work for it. Sounds familiar .

I was having a bit more sensitivity in my feet the past 4 weeks. It was causing more pain when walking, running or biking. I got new sneakers that work after 6 months of searching and new inserts and that helped. But still seems like a set back. I know they say we can improve roughly 3-5 years of being away from a drink and I'm just over 2 so there is hope but I have accepted this condition for the long haul. Continuing my improvement of health through diet and exercise is always on the for front. Ive gotten to surf a lot of days all through the winter and spring which is a gift. I run on an almost daily basis. Right now I run at least a mile as part of a challenge to run every day from Memorial Day -> the 4th of July. That is an absolute gift / blessing. So I have to have gratitude. Thanks to this group for the wisdom and support. Wide-O, sorry to hear you had a bit of a tough time but glad you found the right meds that are working for you. I am working with a friend who stopped drinking and is dry and is going through a bout of depression. This gives me hope that if he can get to a DR he can find the right meds.
On_A_Freeway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (06-18-2020), Wide-O (06-09-2020)