View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 03:49 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default ALS worry

Hi all
Thank you for letting me join the forum.
I am extremely concerned about als.
I started all over body twitching in November and it has settled down alot more recently. I will say that i was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2018.
I have seen my neurologist at the end of January for my ms checkup and mentioned to him about my twitching, whereby he examined me and carried out neurological exam, he said the twitching was benign. I had, what I thought was speech issues too, but again said my speech was fine.
Not being reassured and with other things going on i had a follow up consultation by phone, with my neurologist at the end of april, telling him about speech, and he said he could hear nothing wrong. No one else has pulled me up on it but i can hear its not right, keep tripping up over words and cant pronounce some words, if i slow down i can say it ok.
Now my next thing is that i can feel a tightness in the roof of my mouth and has sent me into a spiral of worry. I am in the UK so i called the MND Association and mentioned this and i was told this is a symptom!! So im freaking out now and worry about what to do!! I do not cough or choke when eating or drinking but im worried this feeling in roof of mouth is the beginning or something.
Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading, any replies much appreciated.
1234ig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote