View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default PN but similar to RSD and treatment?

Well I usually post on the pn but they directed me here. I actually just got back from the day program at cleveland clinic pain clinic where the head doc speciality is RSD. Anyhow I have pn in both legs but my left inner ankle/foot/calf is the worst and up till last month kept me in bed for 4 months from the pain. It was a lot of testing and ruling out with the final dx pn. Anyhow all the current docs say I need to treat it like RSD though I don't have some of those symptoms. That is why they want aggressive rehab and why they want the epidural catheter for me so I can work through the pain. I have been doing more every day without even on some days a 15 minute walk but really pushing like errands. Anyhow anyone with RSD here and what you do to help? The doc said that he wants me to be able to run again which I will never do again but would love the option so why the rehab is important. He kept saying you need to exercise on it and it feels worse at the time but better in the long run. He said since I fear damage that its not just feeling it will. Thats huge the fear of making it worse cause it was so bad and still but don't want to go back down that hell again. Have people found they have made huge progress with more activity?I'm looking into a lower level pt program then was at CC to see if I can do it witout the catheter. Also I have the on and off dizzy and shot in the neck feeling. I get super shaky and no tests or meds seem to have the reason of why. It comes and goes like a few days I will have it then a week not and I even baught a carbon monoxide detector thinking that may be why. The alarm never rang though. I worry about having a seizure almost. Is this a symptom of rsd too or pn? All the docs just look at me like we don't know why and my sugar and bloodwork has been tested so many times. Of course at the program it never happened. Also my leg seems to get very painful in the cold more then when warm or even a breeze kills it. Just any ideas and I found a rsd support group so I'm hoping to join since similar right now to my pn. Thanks
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote