View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 04:50 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I don't know what to do about my therapist. He might be good for me because he is an optimist but that rubs me the wrong way. He told me about a book about Rabbi Nachman for instance called The Tormented Soul. So far it is all about his suffering he put himself through as a very young boy and onward. He asked me if I were enjoying it. I told him it was very painful because it was so much about his suffering and how I had to read it slowly because it was painful. He said do you like it. Yes it was a very interesting book although it makes me sad to read it. I am glad he recommended it. I was so anxious and angry that I couldn't concentrate on trying the meditation. Then he was very cavalier about my financial situation even though he knows my friend pays my rent. I mentioned how hot I was without the air conditioner but described my apartment. He said to focus on my apartment rather than the lack of air conditioning.. He said like the glass half empty or the glass half full.
I am so confused. I am really angry but I know I need to be more optimistic.
what should I tell him. He sort of told me is goal is to make me happier..
Help
it was comfortable last night and so far this morning.It is about 70 and the weather for the next days looks okay. i took a bad fall this morning but thank God I didn't hurt myself except my hand hurts. i really scared pudge because i fell right near her.
tonite i speak to my friendly volunteer and this afternoon somebody is going to call me because I signed at an organization for lonely and elderly people. I said my name was Bobby. Later I said Bobby Rita because they didn't ask what sex. Wish me luck..
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-12-2020), Dmom3005 (06-12-2020), GeeLuv (06-12-2020), Waking Light (06-12-2020)