View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 08:53 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Hard lump following apicoectomy and tooth extraction

Two weeks ago I had a panoramic xray done as instructed by the dentist. I was experiencing a diffuse discomfort somewhere on the left side. The xray showed a big cyst under the first molar located on the jaw. I went to the oral surgeon who said he will do an apicoectomy which he did. After the apicoectomy I started having horrendous pain and swollen face which did not subside with antibiotics and antiinflammatories. The surgeon let me suffer for 7 days blaming the neighbouring teeth. I also had puss in the gums. After 7 days I went to other dentist who said the tooth should have been extracted which she did. But she placed a iodoform paste in the socket, deep down to prevent dry socket which I always develop and those caused more inflammation and pain. I went to emergency dental hospital the following night because of awful pain and they did another panoramic xray and saw the paste . They opened up the wound again and cleaned all the paste to the bone. After that I found relief. The problem is my gum underneath that tooth is hard and still swollen , although you cannot see it by looking at my face. I asked the dentist if there is still something there and she said no. How long will that hard tissue be there? Is it normal? It doesn't hurt anymore, only sometimes I feel a vague deep bone pain. I attach the two xrays, first the one before all this, second the one after extraction when I still had that paste in the socket.
Attached Thumbnails
Hard lump following apicoectomy and tooth extraction-whatsapp-image-2020-06-08-11-05-09-jpg   Hard lump following apicoectomy and tooth extraction-whatsapp-image-2020-06-09-15-41-13-jpg  
Marevna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote