View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 09:45 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default my son has a TBI

MY name is Gail Dudley, I am an Osteopathic physician . My son suffered anoxic electroencephalography in 2009 after his roommate left him to lie thee for three days before he called 911, he thought Josh was "sleeping it off". Friday to Monday. He had done drugs, including shooting up a crushed Xanax. At some point during those 3 days, either at the start or when EMS came to get him, he suffered a large head wound. He stroked out his entire brain except the brain stem, suffered a heart attack, was in kidney failure, etc. HE was in a coma. HE was in the hospital for a month after surviving the ventilator and coma. HE was to go to a nursing home and all docs said he would die, or live in an LTCF . I took him to the nursing home whee I saw patients and everyone there did their best to save his life. They did. He has the TBI and worsened attention and impulse control. He has suffered multiple injuries since then, but continues to try to live a normal life. I am at a loss as to how to help others realize the extent of his issues. They don't understand and it causes problems continuously. HE lives in Colorado now and I live in Florida.
I'm worn out. I have provided here only the subject line to his life since 2009.
GailJDud69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-20-2020)