View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 03:12 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyc4 View Post
Still working with the Inosine. Having difficulties finding dosage instructions related to neuropathy. When I take 1500 I can actually feel circulation in my feet and lower legs for the first time in years. Without proper guidance, I am hesitant to take that large of a dose on a regular basis.
The information I have been able to find is very vague on dosage. Any members able to point me in the right direction?
The whole literature on Inosine is vague, frankly. From my limited understanding it is a chemical developed by the Eastern Bloc in the 1970s to enhance athletic performance. It was developed as a cheat drug and remains a dubious ingredient in the body building world. There is no evidence to support it's efficacy with respect to any sport. Any claims made are false.

However it has been show to promote nerve regeneration and has been used to treat MS and Parkinson's and as a potential pain reliever. I bought it on the strength of Caroline2's recommendation at the height of my symptoms. Due to Covid 19 lockdown and, I think it was imported from USA, it took over a month to arrive by which time my symptoms had subsided somewhat.

I have Swanson Inosine 60 veggie capsules 500mg. The "suggested use" is 'Take one capsule two times per day with water.' The Swanson Website itself makes vague claims about the benefits of Inosine and there are five 5 star reviews that smack of fakery. However Inosine is cheap and HealthMonthly.co.uk effectively delivered it for free such was the delay.

I can't find any upper dosage or toxicity information about Inosine. In the study quoted below they inject mice with 70mg/kg Inosine suggesting you are nowhere near a large dose.

I have taken maybe 1 or 2 tablets a day for about a month and have not noticed anything. But nerve regeneration is a slow process and did not expect to. I am astonished that a supplement like this can have such an effect on you. How can you be so sensitive? How can a chemical that affects nerves act on your blood supply? What is it's duration of action? The only similar experience I have is the effect of a cold shower.( It boosts the immune system) It sends a neural wave down my legs and into my feet. I become very aware of my skeleton for a few seconds.

The problem I have is that I have taken every suggested supplement for PN so I don't know what works, if anything. I will however continue to take Inosine because it has been proven to help nerve regeneration.

Here is a study that finds Inosine promotes nerve regeneration.

Inosine Accelerates the Regeneration and Anticipates the Functional Recovery after Sciatic Nerve Crush Injury in Mice - ScienceDirect.

I would be interested to hear of your continued experience with Inosine and from anyone else.
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote