View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 08:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenW View Post
I’m a 20 year old male with post concussion syndrome and anxiety from a lifetime of sports and a reckless crazy childhood

Despite my still frequent anxious posts, over the past 6-8 months or so I’ve made a realization that my youth is passing me by and that’s not something that I want to let happen. I’ve sort of come to the conclusion that even if I’m not fully physically healthy, I want to enjoy my life and do things that I want to do. These things include stuff like going out, traveling, starting my own business, not being afraid to go all out at school, jobs, have sex, excercise, party, go to concerts, create art and more. Basically all the stuff that people with exciting lives do. If it leaves me a brain damaged or CTE struck wreck who has to live in a home by the time I’m 25, then so be it. I’d rather live a full life then stay inside all day staring at a wall, afraid to move or do anything or panicking any time I fall my butt on the ice or bump my head or whatever

This is how I’ve been living for over half a year. Overall I can say that I do feel more fulfilled and more free. I’m not sure exactly if my brain has deteriorated from it, it’s a bit hard to tell but it’s definitely possible, I do feel quite foggy at times, although years of intense stress also plays a factor.

Part of this life though has included drinking. Not heavy black out drunk drinking or anything but a couple times a month having a glass or two of wine at night while at a bar, or in the past months due to quarantine, while sitting outside hanging with my friends after a long day

Is this something which has the potential to cause damage to my brain? I know that alcohol consumption isn’t good for the brain but can it cause lasting damage?
As far as I understand alcohol has never been good for the brain in any study?
I am pro medical marijuana but do to laws and politics we are decades behind....
It has been a miracle for sleep, PTSD, and sever headaches..Im sure more will disagree than agree with my opinion...
I have found a way to medicate without being "stoned" super high CBDs are very helpful for me....
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote