View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 01:45 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Muscle weakness in left leg

Hi everyone, first time posting here. I received the rabies vaccines well over a year ago, in March 2019. Soon after the side effects started. I have had 3 EMGs, a brain MRI without ink, and various blood tests done. All symptoms have come and gone, except for left leg weakness which has been persistent. Also an EMG/NCT showed slowed nerve conduction at left peroneal nerve in July, though it climbed back to normal levels by September, when I repeated the NCT.
The MRI came back clear, and the blood test only showed a very low level of vitamin D.

In September I let go of testing and stopped with doctor visits, assuming that the remaining symptoms will resolve with time.

But now, since a few weeks I feel like the muscles in my left leg are getting weaker and weaker. Also my left knee is making this popping sound when stretching. I have some mild twitching that comes and goes as well, and I have gotten used to it by now.

I was quite hopeful until now that these symptoms would go away, but I am starting to get really worried again, as it seems like it could be an early sign of MS. I read that it can take years for MS to develop into a state that can be diagnosed.

I am very tired of dealing with this, and really do not want to start again with hospital visits as it is so draining, and most of the doctors brush it off as nothing.

Did anyone experience muscle wasting/ weakness as well? If so, can you please let me know what your experience was and if it went away?

Thank you.
Neuro_member is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote