View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 10:03 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Intro & a third concussion?

Hello,

I suffered two concussions last year - one in October and one in December. I have had post concussion syndrome for about 6 months now following the second one. The first one I fell while rock climbing in a gym and received a whiplash injury as well. I recovered in about 5 days, got a CT scan done (no abnormalities), took a month off, and was okay. It took about 6 weeks for my neck to stop crunching, and then 7 weeks from the first one, I received a second concussion while trying to pull something out of a drawer and slammed the top of my head into a desk.

I suffered from headaches, numbness in my hands, temperature regulation issues, no appetite for 5 days, dizziness, scalp pain/burning, and eye pain. Lately I only suffer from scalp pain, eye pain, and dizziness, but they are greatly improved.

I saw a DO who prescribed vestibular PT which I have been doing with success since February. I have also cut alcohol, continue my paleo diet, take vitamins with fish oil, collagen, MCT oil, and limit myself to one cup of coffee a day. I have been trying to ride a stationary bike and walk, though not as much as I should. I tired acupuncture with mixed results, and have had success with Rolfing, but due to COVID, I haven’t been going to either since March.

In March my dog yanked hard while walking trying to chase a squirrel. He’s about 40 pounds to my 120. I walk him on a retractable leash, so he’s unfortunately been able to get some build up. The first time I was not prepared and felt my body do a whipping motion; however, I only suffered neck pain and extra dizziness from that. It does seem that I had a pretty significant setback from it though.

Tuesday he pulled again, but I saw it out of the corner of my eye and braced my body. I could feel some pain in my arm that night and in my neck, but now a few days later I have a weird warm sensation all over my scalp, almost like a fever. I am panicking and feel like I got another concussion and am devastated.

I recently lost my job partly due to my concussions and felt like I was finally making some progress only to feel like I have been setback.

Do you think I got another one or do you think it could just be whiplash/anxiety? It’s just weird that these symptoms didn’t happen the first time. I would’ve thought tensing and bracing myself would’ve done less damage to my head but I really don’t know at this point.
Ashley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote