Thread: Is it MG?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 12:04 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Is it MG?

I’m 33 and have had a problem with double vision for 5 years now. It is on and off- the very first episode was a week or so at most before fully resolving. Then a few months later I had it for a couple of months. 5 years of this. The longest I went without any vision problems was for about a year in the middle.

The double vision is caused by eye movement problems in one or both eyes, which have manifested slightly differently each time. E.g not being able to move eyes onwards or outwards or both. Currently my left eye can only move a little bit to the left and right, while my right eye can look right but not left. I have patched my left eye to prevent double vision.

I have been through lots of tests, particularly in the first 6-12 months: blood, spinal, MRI, CT, physical examination etc. Nothing has been found. The doctor I am seeing thinks MG despite mestinon not doing anything and not having any other signs of it. When my eyes are bad, they are pretty consistent- it’s the same from when I wake up to when I go to bed. Sometimes over weeks the particular presentation might slowly change but it’s usually consistent and certainly not variable hour to hour or day to day.

I don’t really feel my doctor listens or understands it, and I’ve been unfortunate in that most of the time I have seen him my eyes have been ok, or at least not as severely bad as they are now for example.

I wanted to ask sufferers of MG if this sounds like it. I thought as a muscle weakness it was meant to be worse at the end of the day and the variability was on that sort of time period. Does it effect some people for weeks at a time throughout the day and then they recover for weeks at a time?
doublevision is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote