View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 02:15 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro74 View Post
what a great cooincidence. I just ordered the book "how not to die" independently of your post as my cardiologist recommended it. I am also planning to start a plant based diet soon although this will be a big challenge for me.

the study you mentioned sounds promising but I am wondering why the did not make any nerve testing to see whether the improvements could be measured as well. for me that would be a even stronger proof of concept.

Do you have any recommendations where to find good recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner (books, websites etc) ?
You make a good point regarding nerve conduction testing.

Somebody asking my advice about recipes has caused much hilarity amongst friends!

I’m afraid I can only cook to village idiot standard! If I had a top tip it would be to make use of a nutri bullet or similar. I blend broccoli, spinach, kale, tomatoes and yellow peppers for example with mixed herbs, jalapeno peppers cayenne pepper, milled flax seed then combine it with a spicy mixed or Taco beans, from the supermarket. 2x 1.5 minutes in the microwave and its done. That ticks a lot of boxes of the daily dozen ( download the app) . I use this as a sauce over baked sweet potato with roast garlic (useful for social distancing) and roast mushrooms.

My typical breakfast is oats with mixed grains ( more box ticking on daily dozen) and stir in cinnamon, milled flax seed, milled chia seed, cacao, walnuts, mixed nuts, blueberries, strawberries and red or black grapes. Flax, chia is full of omega 3, but must be milled or ground to enhance bio availability. I also occasionally add hemp seed and spirulina. That should keep you going! You may need to build up your use of seeds ( and beans) if you are not used to them (see social distancing)

A very good online resource for plant based recipes is this :-

Plant Based Recipes, A Comprehensive Archive | Forks Over Knives

There are countless quick you tube recipes like this…

YouTube

The Documentary film Forks Over Knives is itself is available on Netflix or here.

Forks Over Knives Documentary - Now on Netflix
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote