Thread: Unable to talk?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 07:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Long story short, I've been bedridden for the past three years.

I was doing good after I wrote the 2016 blog. I was out of bed for a year and I was making steady improvements. I went to a concert in Vegas, and went on a cruise and partied in the nightclubs. Of course the music was super loud but it didn't bother me until about midnight which is when I knew my brain has reached its capacity for loud music.

Then we were on a road trip down in Mexico in May of 2017 and the roads were really rough. The van rocked and I bumped my head on the side pillar. I knew there was no way I'd survive the drive back home on rough roads, given what had happened in the past. So we chartered a plane to fly my dad and I to Tijuana, crossed the border, rented a car, and drove the rest of the way to LA with me lying on the back seat.

Once I was back home my head just fell apart and I was back in bed with all the same symptoms and extreme sensitivities as the first bedrest stint. For a year and 3 months. And then I bumped my head on the desk and again I was back in bed for another eight months.

Then I worked up enough strength to get out of bed again and go outside, for a few weeks. I thought I was doing good so I invited a friend over for dinner. We ended up talking a lot more than what I was used to. That night my head had a shaking sensation from all the talking that wouldn't stop. And I haven't been able to get out of bed since then and that was a year ago.

I have a long history of concussions and as time progresses, it's becoming more clear what is going on. Inflammation rages out of control in response to the slightest bit of aggravation to the point where just talking to a friend has resulted in a year of bedrest.

But I'm still improving and I should be making another comeback soon.

DrewDigital is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote