View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 11:50 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I know this is an older thread but: This sounds like a stroke to me. Specifically I think you may have hemiplegia Cerebral Palsy. This is a description of CP.

Quote:
Cerebral Palsy (often shortened to "CP") is a brain injury that happens before, during, or shortly after birth. It can be caused by lack of oxygen to the brain or conditions such as a fetal brain hemorrhage, which is similar to a stroke, but in most cases the reason for the brain damage is unknown. Cerebral Palsy affects the motor areas of the brain in a vast amount of ways depending on where the damage in the brain occurs. It usually causes the muscles to be too tight (spastic) or too loose because the brain signals are constantly being misfired throughout the person's entire life. The misfiring can lead to issues with balancing, coordination, speech, proprioception, body alignment, and even a life long retaining of certain infant reflexes such as the Moro Reflex. The Moro Reflex is the startle reflex in babies and usually disappears when the baby is under 6 months of age but people with CP can have it as children and adults. It is essentially a built in pre programed fear of falling. CP can affect one side of the body (called hemiplegia) or both sides of the body. Every case of Cerebral Palsy is unique and can range from being so mild that it is almost unnoticeable to being so severe that the person uses a wheelchair full time.
Cerebral Palsy is a Stroke in the womb more or less especially if it effects one side of the body. Cerebral Palsy is not always detected by an MRI. Some types of mini strokes may also be missed by MRI. When you hit your head you may have hit the area of brain damage you already had or you may have a new TBI. The tingling can be a sign of thalamus damage and some people with CP also have an abnormal thalamus or have damage to another area that communicates information to and from the thalamus. Hope my post helps!
funnylegs4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote