View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 01:11 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Question CP can cause early death?

I realize this forum is not very active but since this is very directly Cerebral Palsy related:
So I just saw a movie called “Touched By Love”(To Elvis With Love) it's based on a book I think, about a teenager with Cerebral Palsy and her caretaker. It was a generally good movie despite some really outdated disability attitudes given it was created in 1980. I thought it was interesting that it was a true story. Since it was a true story one part of the movie that stuck out to me was the medical staff in the movie saying that people with Cerebral Palsy die young. I have CP and I’m much older than the character and I know many people with CP who have normal and very long life spans so I was shocked by this.

Did Cerebral Palsy use to lead to an early death back in those days? Were the early deaths caused by improper care? Or complications like epilepsy? I heard another source say that Cerebral Palsy can be a cause of death? Is CP something that can cause death DIRECTLY? Or do secondary conditions related to CP cause death????
funnylegs4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote