View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 11:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Crps complications

Hello all-

I haven’t been back on this forum for almost 4 years. About 7 years ago when I was 19 I had neck surgery and ended up with CRPS. After nerve stimulator trials, injections, pain meds like crazy. I moved to Arizona for the weather in hopes it would help....and it did in a wonderful way. I’ve been functioning off pain meds (just nerve meds) for almost 3 years since I have been here and was able to get off disability get a college degree and go back to work.

About a month ago, I woke up with not just my usual radiating pain and numbness down my arm. I couldn’t move my neck and both of my arms were numb and shooting pain. I went to the hospital and my pain management the following Monday. They did imaging to find that under my anterior cervical discectony and fusion at c6 and c7 I have a disk out of place pinching a nerve at c5. I have had 6 injections in the past for my Crps from stellate ganglion To other nerve blocks and injections that only exacerbated my pain. They believe if I do an injection targeted for my spine to help push the disk back into place that it will help my pain. Would not touch the Crps pain but would help the numbness and pain in my other arm. I was told about 21 after 6 failed injections not to get any more. However since they would not be treating the Crps my doctor now thinks they should try This to see if it helps. Any advice or suggestions on this matter? It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Angela
Leggiesmcb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote