View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 04:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default My husband passed away and how do I contact social security?

Hi all:

It is with much sadness that I tell you that Alan passed away on July 4th. He was on hospice with numerous issues. I hadnt seen him in 4 months due to the nursing home being on lockdown but as soon as he got hospice they let me go to him. I went every single day for 3 weeks. He went down to 120 lbs. He was very very sick with numerous issues. At the end he did not know me but he went peacefully.

So here's my question. He was buried in a jewish cemetery in 3 days. I have been told the health department contacts Social Security. I have tried calling them and asking my questions but can't reach anyone. I need to get my affairs in order and trying to find out how much money I will be getting. Some people have told me that I get some of his check, if he gets more than me, I get his check instead of mine. but I can't ask anyone at social security because the wait time on the phone is over one two hours.

My landlord is selling my house and I have 4 months to leave. I have to move anyway because I am on the second floor and my legs can't do this anymore so I need a walk in. The real estate will help me find a new place. This is very stressful for me. I just need some anwers.

There is no social security office opened because of the covid 19.

Does anyone have a clue what I can do?

thanks much. I'll be announcing his passing on the neuropathy forum.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote