View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 05:52 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The deceleration required to cause a concussion would be so strong that you would have severely bruised your sternum (chest and ribs). You could have aggravated your neck a bit. Breaking alone cannot cause more that 1 g of deceleration, the same as laying down like you do when you go to bed.
The startle, a bit of neck discomfort and such triggered an anxiety attack and maybe a flashback of your concussion that cause your brain to replay the concussion symptoms of the past.

Take a few deep breaths. Try to relay. Find something to distract yourself from your anxious thoughts.

You will be fine.

My best to you.
That's good to know. I was also in an unfamiliar area today and was caught in a situation where I ended up slamming on the brakes. It was on a two-way street and I was looking to the side for a second to take in the country scenery - I do not live in a rural area and the simplicity of the roads was interesting to look at.

I was completely caught off guard when I looked forward and noticed the car in front of me was nearly stopped and I thought for sure I was going to hit it. This was all within about a second's time and traffic was probably moving around 45 - 50mph before I slammed the brakes . It was also raining and so the brakes or tires sounded like they skid or stalled a bit. I wasn't prepared for the braking and so I didn't 'brace' for it; my body was thrown forward ,and my head was very close to the steering wheel since I keep both the driver's seat at its lowest position and pretty forward, closer to the pedals. I'm 150 lbs, male, very flexible.

Guessing my head did not clip the steering wheel since I was wearing my seat belt - it would be extremely obvious if I my head even glanced the wheel, right? I've had a headache and nausea since as the symptoms. No neck pain.

Nothing to worry about?
keeponmovin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote