View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 05:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--are notoriously neurotoxic, so getting neuropathy from them is not surprising, although in my experience not a lot of oncologists will talk about the possibility before therapy.

On the other hand, you should consider the possibility that the exacerbation of your neuropathy is not from chemo; it could well be from something else, given that there are potentially hundreds of causes, and none of us are immune from being "co-morbid".

I assume you have regular check-ups due to your medical history, and it might be time to add a more comprehensive neurological evaluation to the mix, given the recent events.

There are lots of neuropathy diagnostic protocols in the Useful Websites part of this forum at the top of the topic listings, if you want to look at possibilities.
Again, loads of thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts. All of you give me hope in reaffirming my faith in the human race.

I know what you are saying, although not scientific, my gut tells me my recent increase isn't from something else.

Yes, I had come to the same conclusions but I haven't found a neurologist I'm very impressed with and I'm not very keen to traipse in and out of doctors offices right now.

I find it hard to connect with long term "moderate chemo pn" sufferers.
v5118lKftfk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote