View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 10:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I click on a link to a Website with a medical topic, like the one in the first post in this thread, I try to find out if the Website is selling something. It usually doesn't take much digging to find out if it is selling a product or products.

Through this Website, for instance, you can buy a book about the "Rainbow Diet" as well as other books and products.

If I find that a Website is selling something, I back away from it. The chances are that the people who are in charge of that site are more interested in marketing their products than in giving responsible information about medical matters.

Yes, regular MDs in a way are "selling something" too, every time your doctor suggests a remedy to you or writes a prescription for you. That doctor is hoping that you will follow the advice he/she gives or take the rx prescribed. It's entirely up to you, and yes, you're still in a marketplace even in a mainstream doctor's office or clinic.

But at least you're in a community where there are some standards that they have to live up to, with policing agencies overseeing those standards and whether people are complying with them. There's very little oversight in the world of alternative medicine, unfortunately, and there is a lot of marketing of products that are worthless or even dangerous out there.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (07-15-2020), Wren (07-15-2020)