View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 05:10 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

From a friend this morning on Mask Wearing. I have not had to wear one. And as it stands now, I will NOT get a vaccine if there ever is one for this virus.

((I just listened to a one hour podcast (dated June 1) on masks with Dr. Michael Osterholm. He is director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota (CIDRAP) and has worked in the field for 45 years. He does a weekly Covid podcast. I learned a few simple but helpful things.

Droplet vs. Aerosol. Droplets come from coughs and sneezes (we know that). Aerosol comes from normal talking and breathing. When we see what looks like dust in the sunlight; that is aerosol and is constantly present.

Solid scientific research on masks and Covid is non-existent. There is one study on surgical vs. cloth masks. N-95 masks are fitted to the face. Even beard stubble makes them ineffective because it allows air leakage. It is because cloth masks are not sealed that they do not work. The result of the study found that cloth masks are 3% effective. He wants this reported so the public does not think they are protected by masks. He wears a mask in public to make others feel comfortable.
Social distancing is important.

Here is the link to all his podcasts The Osterholm Update: COVID-19 on Apple Podcasts ))

Last edited by Chemar; 07-19-2020 at 08:36 PM. Reason: format edit at request of OP
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote