View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 12:11 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Fibro - the latest diagnosis

My road here is feeling long and winding. I started off about 15 months ago with the flu. Shortly after recovering, I was stricken with body wide pain. I went to an urgent care doctor that diagnosed me with poly myalgia rhumatica (pmr) I was given prednisone and told to consult with a rheumatologist. The rheumatologist ruled pmr, RA, lupus and supposedly fibromyalgia (she conducted pressure point tests. She then referred me to a neurologist. He initially diagnosed me with P.N. However, both the EMG and punch biopsies came back negative. He concluded I had post viral syndrome and put me on an antiviral drug. It seemed to work until I got the flu again. Two more courses on the antiviral drug with no relief. At my recent visit to the neurologist office, the nurse practitioner told me she thought I have fibromyalgia.

In addition to the body pain, I was having a lot more headaches. I have been a migraine sufferer since I was a child. These headaches are different.

I am in denial regarding her diagnosis . I’m also seeing an immunologist. He discovered that my IgM is low and my immune response is poor. I’m hoping that the immunologist can find a cause for my pain.

Any insights on my journey would be appreciated.

Last edited by Annavon; 07-20-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Annavon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote