Old 07-21-2020, 06:01 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I am just going to interject here that our beloved mrsD was a highly respected Pharmacist, who knew volumes about the medications she dispensed...pros & cons....yet she also studied, understood and advocated the benefits of specific supplements and other nutritional elements in overall health.

Here in the USA, Big Pharma really does "corner the market" and so supplements only get advocated by them if they can make a $ from it.....

I spent many years as a research scientist, and I saw first hand how easily "evidence based" results are sometimes "adjusted" (being polite here) to fit the hypothesis by some researchers -- so I don't have blind faith in science, while still recognizing the tremendous value in well conducted research studies.

Yet, I also know from personal, familial and other experience that supplements do have tremendous benefit in many areas of health.

I personally do think keeping an open mind is wise.

Also, just a gentle request not to let the discussion here become argumentative, rather than a healthy exchange of ideas Thanks
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (07-21-2020), Lara (12-14-2020)