View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 02:44 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
Dust off and continue is my best (unsollicited ) advice. While a relapse isn't good - as you can clearly feel - it's not the end of the world if you can pick up where you left off. You did not do any more damage - even though it may feel like you did.

I have felt the exact same thing before I got serious about sobriety: stopped drinking for 3 months, had a one day dip and boom: pain was back with a vengeance. At this point it doesn't really matter if you get an official "stamp of PN approval", you can be sure it's what you have.

And at some point you just go "this little bit of fun I had is not worth the horrible pain, the feeling I threw all progress away". That's the stage where staying sober becomes second nature.
Day 4

Thank you so much for that post Wide-O. I cannot tell you how much better I feel for having read it.

1. To be totally understood and have my pain and feelings acknowledged by another human being.

2. To draw strength from the fact that you have been where I am now and have found a way to live.

Thank you, my friend.
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wide-O (07-23-2020)