View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 08:35 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default I'm Cindyjo . It hurts.

Hello all, I'm new to Neurotalk. I come here today feeling discouraged, desperate and like people think I'm a psychosomatic nut case. I've been a type II diabetic since the late 90's. PN symptoms started hitting me hard in 2005. It was not the typical diabetic neuropathy in the hands and feet. It was widespread shocks, twitches, bee stinging pins and needles all over my body. The fatigue was terrible. They have tested me for MS 3x through the years and thankfully it was negative. So, diabetic polyneuropathy and fibromyalgia are my current dx..

Last summer I started really going downhill. In March I entered a flare in which symptoms have exploded. I'm literally in tears most days. Today I told my husband that I feel like a sunburned, wiggley, rubbery, unraveling, shocking mess. I was taking 2400 mg of gabapentin a day but it stopped working. I have changed to 450 mg of Lyrica and baclofen 2x daily. The bottom of my feet are so sore and my legs are weak making it difficult to walk. The fatigue is so draining.

I'm here for information, validation and to support others who also feel this invisible pain. I'm in a discouraged place right now. I worry this is my life from here on...... I'm hoping that connecting through this forum can help me find ways to cope and that I in turn can help others.

Cindyjo
Cindyjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (08-23-2020)