Thread: G's Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 12:05 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey everyone!

Yeah, still keeping busy and in fact, I've got a new sort of hobby. (will get to that in a sec) I'm still editing for this month's challenge, and will not be finished this month. I figure I will need at least 10-15 more days of work to finish the second draft. Then I'll want to go through it once more as I send it off to my "alpha" reader. I'm getting a bit worn out. Might take a couple of weeks break after the challenge is over...but I'd like to finish while this is still fresh. I dunno! Maybe it's less the editing that's stressing and more my new "hobby".

Sigh! So yes, well, this hobby makes me happy-pretty much, but I'm not sure how y'all will feel about it. I also realize that I'm likely getting a bit carried away with it. It's a long story. But to mention it briefly tonight, basically what happened was I rekindled my love for this band and artist I was obsessed with in the late 90s/early 2000s. I had stopped following the band shortly after the artist I liked most left the band. I knew he started a new band, but I didn't get much into that. Turns out that didn't last after the first album, however, another band was formed. And this is the band/artist that I'm obsessing over so much now. I've missed over a decade of stuff from them/him. Not only the music/band, but his research project into UFO's. Maybe you know who I'm talking about?? Maybe not. I'm second guessing sharing the name. On the one hand, getting the message out there would be cool, but on the other, I don't need the ridicule (not that anyone here would be mean...i dunno. i'm just worried.)

But yea, I mean, UFOs-it sounds crazy, right?? But apparently, he's been into this stuff for most of his life (maybe 35ish years?? idk) and he's working with some really important people. So how am I involved?? Well, not exactly involved, but I just obsessively follow everything related to him, the former band, the current band, and have delved into all the past stuff (or as much as I could over the past few weeks)-interviews, reviews of his show on the History channel (yea, like this guy has REALLY been busy), as well as about his personal life. Poor guy went through a divorce end of last year (he's already dating now, but still). So yeah, like really obsessed with following current news as well as catching up and reminiscing of the older times. I've been much more active on social media and even joined a couple of more forums. (yikes, right??!!)

Oh yea, speaking of forums. Not just one, but two of my active ones have had groups of members split off into other forums...and of course, I'm friends with everyone, so like I have those 2 new forums. Sigh! It's impossible to keep up like I'd like to!

AND also was back on Facebook for the "new hobby".

I'm such an idiot though, doing so much that my stye came back day before yesterday. It's not really bad or hurting, but i saw it...so yeah, stupid! It's just...I can't seem to help myself!! And not only do I have to go online to listen to the music (which you guys might actually like-it's not punk rock like the original band, but more inspirational/soft rock or atmospheric.)...but I'm also WATCHing the videos, because this guy is SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!! Like, not only am I taken by his voice/the lyrics, he is just very handsome, IMO (as well as several others' opinions.)

Yeah, I'm a bit nuts from all of this lately, and have been trying hard to reign it in. I just really struggle with what's most important even to me!! I want to do it ALL!!! And ironically, HE seems to be the same way. Not only the music, the UFO research, he's also written several books, created this History channel docuseries, runs a science and arts team...and has 2 kids (?)!! Oh!! And the films!! I mean, geez louise! right?

Ok, I've rambled enough for like 3 days now. lol Hope everyone's doing alright. I'll try to at least check a few recent posts very soon. *hugs*
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-27-2020), mymorgy (07-27-2020), Waking Light (07-27-2020)