View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 03:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Well, it's been weeks. Still can't get through to social security. They are selling the house I have been living in for the past 7 years. I have until October to move. I know I have rights but I can't get anyone to give me a straight answer because of this covid thing. No one seems to know. My landlord (who used to be my friend) has turned into the creature from the black lagoon. She texts me all the time to see if I found anything. I have to move in to an assisted living facility. I am in contact with the one I want to move into. It takes time.

I will have to wait for social security to do its thing because I still can't reach them. As for my landlord being a human being, well forget it. She texted me two days after I buried my husband saying "you are making my life hell, what if I contacted a lawyer tomorrow and evict you and you'll get 30 days". Who does this? All I did was tell her I had hoped she would have my back and maybe ask the new buyer if he would let me stay. omg.

Then the other day she actually texted me saying "Talk about friends, you didn't tell me personally Alan had died, but I bet you told your friends, didn't you, you had to tell my daughter to tell me". Talk about a mood disorder.

After I get out of here I won't be seeing my friends because the covid thing doesn't allow any visitors as of yet. I really don't care. I just want to get out of here, just walk out and just walk into the assisted living facility. I miss my husband. Just wanted to vent.

Melody
So sorry to hear this. Things will work out. Take care.

Kitt
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote