View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 02:19 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Is it possible to develop Epilepsy from a minor head injury with no big symptoms?

Back in January of this year, I hit my forehead on the ground falling off my scooter. I mainly suffered from depersonalization (likely due to my extreme health anxiety of having brain damage of some sort). I didn’t have a headache, nausea, no loss of consciousness, just felt a bit woozy when i Got up after falling. I was super worried about what happened to me, and I had an extreme amount of anxiety and stress, which I never really had before. This caused me to have some pretty bad brain fog, along with the depersonalization

I also never went to see a doctor because of how busy I was at the time (college student, our health center was not good either). Slowly these past months, I have been feeling a bit better from the depersonalization/fog, but my health anxiety never went away. I was constantly googling causes of depersonalization, and seizures popped up a bunch.

Then, after constantly searching and obsessing over seizures, I started feeling the symptoms of TLE (deja vu, butterflies in my stomach). These started probably a couple of months after my head injury. My depersonalization was already there right away, but these TLE symptoms only popped up once i started thinking about it non-stop.

My question is, would it be possible that I developed TLE from hitting my head (without any big symptoms besides depersonalization and anxiety)? Or is it just my extreme anxiety manifesting these symptoms?

I feel like my brain is just constantly looking to see if its feeling deja vu 24/7. So i’m thinking it may just be my constant obsession and fear over it.
allin99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote