View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 02:30 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Wow Leafside sounds fantastic but doesn't seem to be available in the UK. It appears to be endorsed by the Doctor. There are a lot of new Vegan Foods available in The UK, burgers, steaks and sausages etc have popped up in new supermarket sections. In fact there is a Linda McCartney Factory near where I live, but these are all heavily processed foods full of additives and for me do not represent healthy eating. Quorn for example has littlle nutritional value so are empty calories. Leafside, if those foods do retain their nutritional value in manufacture appears to be a game changer. Thanks for the tip, I shall look for a British equivalent.

In terms of PN, I have had a bit of a setback. My symptoms started in January and peaked in April and May. I have seen one doctor for nerve conduction tests which were at the bottom end of normal and have now been referred to the neurologist, but my doctor said there aren't many of them, so its going to take a while yet. But I know what I have; Alcohol Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. I was never an alcoholic but a weekend session drinker. Wheras doctors can't tell me what I have, Stella Artois can! I loaded up with B Vitamins and flooded my system with nutrient packed anti oxidant smoothies before and after some beers, but from the next day my symptoms were back. Not peak symptoms, but symptoms nevertheless.

We live and learn.

I have a weighing scale linked to a phone app so I can tell you I was 82 KG (180lbs) with 22% body fat on February 2nd when I gave up alcohol (a lot of this was visceral fat, I looked slim-ish at 1.8m. (5ft11) I am now 72.5KG (160lbs) with bodyfat of 14.5%. At 56 I have my first ever sixpack! (in favourable lighting conditions!) Due to lockdown and unusually good weather I have the best tan I have ever had so spend a lot of time at the beach with my shirt off! Ok so other people see a scrawny old man but I feel like a god!

Apart from PN symptoms of course. I feel like a fool.
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote