View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 12:16 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default After 4th shot

Hi everyone. On 6/30 I woke up with some unknown bite marks, but thought perhaps it was a large spider bite... fast forward to 4th of July we had a bat in our house before bed, I didn’t think much of it as we live in the rural mountains. Then on July 14 & 15 I noticed bats (one each day) roosting on our fireplace. I have small children and on July 17 began our rabies vaccines (RabaVert) with RIG. Since beginning the shots we have had 5 more bats... We bought our house last September and the inspection made no mention of the colony residing there. We have come to find we have a maternity colony residing in much of our house, hundreds of them. It’s literally been a nightmare... we now have a company excluding them from our home in hopes that they will move on.
My kids seem to have held up relatively fine during these shots. My 8 month old has been a trooper, my 4 year old had some stomach issues after shot two, pain after all 4, but holding up well. My 10 year old had some tingling and stomach issues after each, but it has began to subside.
As for me, I’m not sure if I’m a bundle of nerves (my big fear is that we didn’t get the shots quickly enough) or experiencing some neuro side effects.
After each shot I felt near immediate tingling and often upset stomach. After shot two I had a major panic attack, after shot three I began experiencing vertigo when I laid down, which has since subsided at 3 days after shot 4. Currently my lingering effects are fingers/arm/feet tingle often, I’ve had a tingling head and tongue, frequent headaches, lump in the throat, body aches, on and off chest tightness. I get that a lot of these are common side effects and possible anxiety, but wanted to add to the conversation as I hope to update as they (hopefully) dissipate.
Thank you for listening and thank you for all of the updates many of you have provided throughout the years. It’s helped keep me hopeful.
battyinthemountains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (08-06-2020)