View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nobody who knows anything about head trauma tries to treat the 'impact force estimation.' They treat symptoms. Absent symptoms, there is nothing to treat.

Soccer players smash heads as they compete to head the ball opposite directions. They smash their heads together with force. They do not just bump their head.

Don't look for symptoms. The brain will gladly manifest symptoms when you look for them. It can play back symptoms from traumas from years ago.

This is not "part curiosity on the science." I've seen these excuses many times before. This is OCD and anxiety. The OCD says "I must understand." as a justification for the anxiety.

Your biggest battle is not with occasional head bumps. It is with the anxious and irrational thoughts that are triggered with every perceived head bump.

Did your wife hurt her head? Get a concussion? She took a more direct hit than you. But, your jaw movement absorbed some of the impact and reduced the G force to both of you.

Boxers have their jaws clinched so they are like a solid part of the head.
Their concussions are mostly rotational. Those are very dangerous and traumatic.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote