View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
Amazing how a group here forever worries about the supplements some of us take...and for me and many of my friends years of supplementing has kept us much healthier.

Yet, here none of you ever bring up the deaths from pharma drugs every year.

Medical System Kills: FDA-Approved Drugs Kill over 1��,��� Annually

Amazing to put it mildly.
I for one have been concerned for years about the deaths and other adverse events due to pharma drugs. I'm constantly calling attention to the cases of PML (progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) resulting from some of the highly promoted MS disease-modifying drug treatments, for instance.

Caroline, you and I are on the same page, I think. We both believe that people should be very cautious about what we decide to take in.

That goes for what our eyeballs take in as well though. The Webpage you have linked to in your post looks very up-to-date and well maintained but if you poke around in it just a bit, you find that the person in charge of it has no listed qualifications as an authority on health matters. The only information given is that he is "a longtime researcher and writer whose articles on the subject of natural health have been at the core of Natural Society’s social reachability and continued readership."

There is no information at all about the author of the article you linked to. Usually you can find out at least what affiliations an author has.

I'm not saying that everyone who has any reliable knowledge about health should have an institutional connection. Far from it. But there should be some evidence of experience to back up that person's claim to be speaking authoritatively.

The Website you've linked to does have "STORE" prominently showing, at the top right in large type. Clicking on "Store" leads you to an array of products you can buy.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20

Last edited by agate; 08-10-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: fixing spelling error
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bruegger84 (11-24-2021), glenntaj (08-11-2020), Kitt (08-10-2020), kiwi33 (08-10-2020), Wren (08-10-2020)