View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Confused When it rains it pours

I take care of my sons dad who has diabetes and recently lost his leg due to complications. I also have a son at home who is type 1 diabetic and is an active heroin addict. As you can imagine its a full time job. But what brings me here today is my other son who lives with me also. Hes almost 30 and for a while now I have had increasing anxiety over things Iv been noticing about him. Hes the kind of child who doesnt make a big fuss and unless you make it a point to go to him and check in on him he slips through the cracks so to speak so when these little oddities began to build up I realized something isnt right. But I had no clue of where to turn with this information to get advice until someone turned me on to this site.
We live in a rual desert area with a small medical clinic and a practitioner who sees the locals. I know how it would go if I took him into the clinic. I know it is bigger than what they could do for me so im asking for some possible suggestions. My son has been changing and seems to be getting worse. It started out first with the way he walked. It isnt the same as it use to be . Its like he is unbalanced and awkward. Then he began complaining that he was having a hard time hearing . We did have his ears checked but nothing showed that would explain the hearing problem. His speech was the next thing that became obvious to me he began slurring to the point i would have to ask him to repeat. himself which he would tell me that the words didnt want to come out how he meant to say them. Now im worried. Then the other day he told me his hand has been doing some crazy stuff like one finger will start going up and down all by itself and he cant control it. Or his whole hand begins to shake on its own like tremors. This even scared him. His handwritting has gotten so bad that it looks as if he was in kindergarten again. It makes me think hes losing cordination somehow. If anything im describing rings a bell with anyone that might be able to give me an idea of what might be going on with him? Im at loss on where to turn to find some answers and im worried sick about him.
Candy4339 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote