View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 11:31 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninghead View Post
Hi Battyinthemountains,

Oh my gosh your story just hit a chord with me. I feel so badly for you that there is a bat problem in your home. That is a nightmare. On the positive note, you are all vaccinated thank God!! With that kind of exposure never second guess your choice to vaccinate. I am glad your little ones are doing well and I hope they can eliminate the bats from your home quickly. Can you get the health department involved to move things quickly?

I found a strange bite on my wrist and ended up going through rig and the series of shots. They made me feel pretty lousy. The Rig was the worst, each shot caused lethargy and a terrible headache. But as you know, there are really no other options then to just wait and see if you get sick. Not a risk I was willing to take. I finished the shots just fine, but in the process of them I came down with a virus my son brought home. Sore throat and sick for a week. I thought I was getting rabies. But it passed.

I have something possibly going on with the nerves in my mouth that caused bad tooth pain. Seemed to coincide with the shots it happened a month later. I often wonder if it's residual effect of the shots I will never know. It was a rough decision to get the shots but I did not want to risk it.

Just be good to yourself, follow a good diet and allow your body to recover. Hopefully this will all be a distant memory for you all very soon.
Thank you. We were lucky enough to have a friends rental property to stay at during the whole bay exclusion process, so we haven’t had to deal with the bats for a couple of weeks.
I know getting the vaccine was the best for us, but hope that someday I’ll feel normal again.
battyinthemountains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote