View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 11:15 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Heart Me again... two week from 4th shot

I wanted to check in as I am two weeks out from the 4th shot of RabaVert. Last night I finally got some good rest, most nights I cannot sleep though the night without having fear of the bats re-entering our house (even though it's now closed off and as far as I know all bats have been excluded). My kids are also afraid of going into their rooms so now they sleep in our room. It's hard to see them go through this fear too.
I also get the jerky movements (myoclonus) when drifting off or trying to relax, but I don't let it bother me since I see it can be common for some of us after these shots.
As for other lingering effects... My body hurts. Back ache, arms ache, feet ache. My left foot especially. My tingling has not subsided, but is mostly in my left hand/arm. My right collarbone has ached since the final shot and sometimes it's hard to catch my breath. I still get the lump in the throat, but it's more when I'm in panic mode. I still have daily headaches that remind me of a dull hangover headache.

As of now I have to believe we caught this in time. A scary statistic I read is that 15% of bats being tested in my state are testing positive for rabies, which is up from a typical 1.5-8% depending on who you speak to.

I have also spoke to 3 doctors since the shots (two Epidemiologists and a local ER doctor), a family member who is a ER nurse, and our family pediatrician and they all say that at this point after the shots you can feel confident that you're in the clear. Failure rate of full course of vaccine in North America continues to be at 0. That has helped immensely.

Thanks for reading.
battyinthemountains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (08-14-2020)