View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 10:42 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Can Vit B12 Deficiency Induced Pain Be Reversed?

Hello,

I am 28 year old woman from Turkey. I have long story of misterious heatlh issues but I am going to keep it short as much as I can. When I was 13 I got diagnosed with GERD problems as it runs in my family. Till 2010 I nevee paid attention to it. When I got into college I took antibiotics for it and I was ok. Then insomnia came in I got dx with GAD. I took SSRI for 7 years with no prob till I went cold-turkey from a benzo and got tinnitus. In my eaely 20's, I was visiting doctors for intermittent bladder issues like feeling the need of go to loo all the time, IBS, constant anxiety, migraines etc. Two years ago I developed burning sensation on the left side of my scalp but it went away on its own. Then last year I got a burning tongue which also healed by itself.

Two weeks ago I started to have a burning sensation on my left foot toe. In a weeks it has spread to the left leg and then left arm and then it has covered all of the left side of my body. It feels like a sunburnt and I am struggling. My blood test showed that blood level is 250 ng/L and my Vitamin D is 10 ug/L and my Ferritin is 11,5 ug/L. I insisted my doctor to give me B12 injections(thanks to the information that I received from this page) and he prescribed me a year long B12 infections and also 3 months long vitamin D. On our country's health online service one can receive all of their lab results since 2015 and I was never over 500.

My question is; is there any chance that I can get this pain better? Or is this damage permanent because it seems like I was always defficient. How long should I wait for things to get better-if any?

Thank you
B.
Beste28 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote