View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 06:27 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Disk Numb leg! Help me get a diagnosis

I am desperately seeking any advice, October 2019 I had bad back and thigh pain on my right side after working too hard on my business sewing baby clothes I sew using my right leg with a pedal, I asked my husband to massage my leg as the pain was so excruciating and within a minute of him massaging it quite vigorously my feet had pins and needles and within five minutes I couldn’t feel my legs, my right one was definitely the worst. I couldn’t feel my bottom, legs, ankles and feet.

I went in and out of hospital over 5 days and had multiple MRIs of my lower back, neck and brain. and blood tests and they had no idea what was causing it. In February I saw a neurologist who sent me for a CT scan with contrast dye and again nothing showed of my pelvis and concluded that she thought it was inflammatory lumbosacral Plexopathy .

I have payed to see an osteopath and had physiotherapy and nothing really helped. I can now feel my left leg and my symptoms are as follows

•Right outer and front thigh numb
•Right outer thigh hypersensitive to touch and heat
•Right foot feels cold constantly
•Right outer thigh extreme pain, dull stabbing pain
•Right calf and foot patchy numbness
•Symptoms get worse if I stand in one place
•Pain gets worse if I walk to far
•My right knee feels full of water and if I stand in one place for too long I get a red hot knee with a red circle about 2 inches wide and immediately eases if I elevate my legs
•Numbness also gets worse if I lay on my right leg

I am at a total loss as to what to do, I am not convinced it is lumbosacral Plexopathy and feel like it’s a easy diagnosis for them to make because there is no simple test. And no point has anyone assessed my leg or taken a scan so I’m hesitant to believe it.

Does anyone have similar symptoms or have any advice please
Holziab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote