View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sue,

I hope this reply is informative to you and doesn't cause you any distress, but it needs to be said here that vitamin C cannot lesson or eliminate an infection in the jawbone. I am a firm believer in supplementing with vitamin C and lots of it!! It's great that you take it daily and realize the important health benefits from doing so. However, if you have an infection in your jawbone, especially around a dental implant, the vitamin C is not holding it in check.

Your symptoms of swelling and pain subside when you take the vitamin C because the supplement stimulates your immune system to send out white blood cells, etc. to the site of the infection temporarily reducing the inflammation, thus reducing the pain. The longer an oral infection is present, the more proliferated it becomes because the jawbone is extremely vascular allowing the infectious bacteria to travel via your blood into your main organs.

As I said before, this is not to distress you but to inform you of the seriousness of any chronic oral infection. It may behoove you to do some research on oral infections and how they affect other areas of the body if they are not eradicated.

I hope you and anyone else reading this takes this message seriously as I have personally witnessed life altering situations due to chronic oral infections.

The best of health to you,
Braynna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote