View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 08:37 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default glad i found your post

I tend to believe that glenntaj may be prophetic here. I put my first post in today and have the moderator approves it, you can read my quite similar story. I guess I am fortunate because this odd affliction (mine is almost the same as yours) hit me at 56. I think skin biopsy would be a good course of action. In the end, we probably DO have SFN. We can hope that it will progress as glenntaj has suggested. I almost want to give up hope as it CAN be a let down, and pursue acceptance instead. When I am expressing optimism, I say I will use this affliction to keep after my general health and work to learn mind over matter. My wife has spinal stenosis and she if very good at mind over matter. I have a very good friend who also suffer from chronic back pain. (This is maybe worse than SFN...maybe.) He has learned to manage that condition by maintaining his core strength. But he will ALWAYS have it.

If it is a sensory neuropathy, it should not lead to mobility problems. Having a family might be a good distraction.
jelinx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote