View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 03:29 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Welcome Jelinx,

I am also a 56 yr old male with onset of PN this year. I have experienced similar symptoms. Due to Covid 19 I am yet to see a neurologist but am pretty certain I have alcohol induced PN. I gave up alcohol at the beginning of February but my symptoms continued to get worse until the start of April. Sex then was unbearable and unwanted. I was glad to self isolate ( we are pretty new to each other and live in separate houses) Everything hurt all the time and I was not capable of working. I was depressed and spent a lot of time sleeping. I wondered if things would continue to deteriorate. I feared MS and worse. I hear your despair.

Lockdown was a blessing in disguise for me. It allowed me space and time to formulate and implement a plan. I resolved to make myself better. I resolved to exercise everyday and have really worked on my flexibility. I have taken the recommended supplements, but then realised that supplementation was not enough. So I have adopted a whole food plant based diet. Supplementation is not enough because there are many beneficial compounds that remain undiscovered in the foods that we eat. Kale and Broccoli are to me what Grape Seed Extract is to Caroline2.

My recovery was astonishing. I felt and looked a lot better and I was left really with my earliest symptoms numbness in my toes. In comparison trivial symptoms. ( And Jelinx, sex was great again! At least for me)

However 5-ish weeks ago I had an "experimental" few beers and my symptoms are back, nowhere near what they were and it does not affect my work but again they are getting worse this week compared to 5 weeks ago. I hope this is the peak.

I am interested Jelinx, you report numb lips. When does this happen? And specifically where do you get scalp pains and what kind of pain, lingering ache or sharp pains for example?

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
VisionQuest (03-16-2022)