View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I can't say I have too many complaints......

about Ms (yes she is married) Maixner and her predecessor, Mr Klug. I have had one other neurosurgeon who performed my first shunt replacement while we were in Canada, but I was only three then, and so can't remember his (I think?) name. Both Ms M and Mr Klug have been fairly reliable, although I wonder whether Mr Klug's skills were not quite so sharp when he performed his last operation (unless he allowed another intern to do the op, but I don't know).

They are both/have been fairly blunt and to the point, which at times does not inspire a lot of hope for the future ( ), but I guess that is necessary. Better to be blunt and to the point than tell a lie. I think part of the problem may be that they are not that acquainted to talking to adult patients, which may require a different tack than the one they normally use.

The main thing is that Ms M can do her job, and do it well, which she seems to be able to do, seeing I have not had any surgery in nearly 6 years - keeping my fingers crossed!

Nat.
Nat Hyland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote