View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 10:44 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

if all i had to worry about was the weight of a tablet i'd be happy. but quality control is imho part of a serious and possibly life threatening problem for pd'ers who depend on C/L. The bigger potential problem is supply chain disruption caused by just a few manufacturers of active ingredients and possibly something used in CR which caused shortages last year. china may be the only supplier or active ingredients and now all the C/L manufacturers are from india except for mylan ([please correct me if i'm wrong). to add insult to injury, teva no longer manufactures C/L, they sold the rights or something to MAYNE pharmaceutical along with the ACTIVAS brand which TEVA owned. as far as i can tell, MAYNE does not manufacture the TEVA formula and uses the ACTIVAS formula. indian companies are not inspected nearly as often by the fda as american companies are, foreign inspection is more difficult to say the least.

i'm just ranting here but bottom line, if what i state here is true, write your congressman and demand that the govt either thru direct contracts or incentives makes sure there are least 2 manufacturers of carbidopa/levodopa in the u.s. and that there is at least a 1year stockpile. bottom line, drug mfg's want to make a lot of money, noone wants to sell a cheap drug. to let teva sell their generic to a company that didn't want to mfg it is sickening that deal makes no sense to me except MAYNE got rid of a competing generic.

fwiw, i fill my RX's at an independent pharmacy and they will sell me mylan 25/100, 25/250 and 50/200CR which costs more than the ACTIVIS brand. I pay thru the nose for the 50/200CR from mylan and it seems less effective. than it used to be.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote