Thread: Mimics MS
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 12:43 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Unhappy Mimics MS

Been struggling since 2005 with bizarre neurological symptoms. Every time I see a neurologist it's always the same "It sounds like MS. You have many symptoms that mimic MS but no lesions on your MRI." So, the diagnosis is always the same. Polyneuropathy and fibromyalgia. And I've heard a gazillion times "have you been under a lot of stress lately, it could be psychogenic?" Oh my goodness gracious, I want to pull out my hair. If I just had a more definitive diagnosis to help explain what is happening to me maybe I could cope a bit better.

I've been in a bad flare up for a few months and it's getting harder, not easier, to cope. I'm starting to get depressed because I can hardly work and when I do work my concentration is horrible. The fatigue is disabling. I have neuropathic pain all over my body (I'm diabetic but it's not just hands and feet, it's widespread). This flare has brought on some new symptoms. Surging waves that come over me. The waves feel neurological and my skin and inside of my mouth burn like I have a sunburn or scalded my tongue. Sometimes I get really cold. I buzz and tingle and sting and twitch. I tell my husband that in the mornings I feel like a piece of fabric that is unraveling around the edges.
At night I tell him I feel like wiggly burning rubber. Deep muscle aches have been present all these years but SUPER stiff joints and cramping muscles are new with this flare.. No optic neuritis or bladder problems.

I'm a mess. No wonder I feel like I'm unraveling. But, I truly do not think this sensation is anxiety. I believe it's the neuropathy. It goes all over me for a doctor to suggest it's psychogenic.

Feeling frustrated. Finding myself unable to work much. Sleeping too much. Miserable with the neuropathy and burning sensations. The surging waves of weird neuropathic pain is kind of scary.

Sound familiar to any of you?

Cindyjo
Cindyjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (08-23-2020), rpoteet (08-31-2020), Snoopy (08-24-2020), tkrik (08-25-2020)